It's been a while since I posted! Too many ideas, not enough time and all that jazz. Hope everyone is getting into the full summer vibe, and what a summer we are getting here in Ireland!!! Speaking of summer it always makes me crave healthy, fresh, nutritious food and it's led me to me latest addiction, which I just had to share with you all!
I work a lot of early mornings!! The kind of 'too early' to eat before I leave mornings. But then I usually end up starving and weak half way through the morning as a result and have noticed increased headaches and brain fog as a result and it just generally starts my day off badly. Plus, if I am really hungry, I'm likely to binge on whatever goodies, croissants, cakes that are laid out and that just doesn't work for my body. I pay for it, big time.
So what is kind and loving to my body, is a little bitta prep the night before and this chia pudding really needs only a little prep! Less than 5 minutes and your done. Not to mention it's SERIOUSLY delicious!! I kinda felt like I was nomming into a decadent dessert but it was allll super healthy. It basically looks like a dreamy ice cream sundae, toppings and all. Sound good? Yup....let's go!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 banana
- handful of mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice I used coconut milk
- 1 TBSP maple syrup (optional)
- 4 TBSP chia seeds
- Coconut yogurt or alternative
- Cacao nibs
- Gogi berries
- More berries??!
- I like to use an empty jam jar, it's kinda the perfect size.
- Put the banana, berries, milk and maple syrup into the blender. Blitz.
- Pour into your jar of choice and stir in chia.
- Cover overnight or for 6 hours.
- Next morning, spoon lashings of coconut yogurt and finish with toppings of choice. Boom!
Play around with your fruit and toppings. And don't be afraid to experiment with less/ more chia seeds to get 'your' fav consistency. Oh, and if your into the science bits, chia is an incredible source of omega 3 fatty acids and full of antioxidants. I hope you likey!