This is DELISH!!! Quick and easy too! A prefect party dish or a side to a yummy salad or just grab a big aul' spoon and dig in! Oh, and pretty tasty cold too....second day snack anyone?
I'm big on adjusting seasoning to my taste, so do so to your taste! Plus, is it just me or is each chilli so varied in hottness?! Still have not figured that one out.
- 1 x 400g Chickpeas (I use organic tinned, if you are using dry you will need to soak according to instructions.
- 1 large onion chopped as you like.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- Thumbnail size ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (not essential but it's anti-inflammatory so I pretty much add it to all my dishes!)
- 1-2 teaspoons sweet curry powder
- Juice of a lime
- Chopped coriander to serve.
- In the oil of your choice, saute the onion, chilli, ginger and garlic on a medium heat until the onions have softened and become transparent.
- Add the chickpeas and stir over a medium heat.
- Add the turmeric and curry powder. Stir to cover all the chickpeas evenly.
- Pour the lime juice into the pan.
- Heat for a further few minutes.
- Serve with chopped coriander.